HOLY SAINTHOOD WE ARE ENGAGED!

Wow! This past weekend has been such a whirlwind!


Finally Chris and I can share the secret that we have been hiding since last Wednesday night! Soon (although, due to law school/bar studies delay, likely a year or two) I will be exchanging the Spanish word for "English" for sainthood.

Sarah Elizabeth St. Pierre. Don't you think that sounds super lawyerly and hire-able? #Wegraduateinoneyear #Needthatforeverjob #classof2018 #HireUs

But seriously, I am SO excited to marry Christopher Nicholas St. Pierre. He is such an awesome, kind-hearted, thoughtful, smart human being. Honestly, I am just blessed to be in his presence and witness the good he does for people and how he grows as a person each and every day. I cannot believe that I am going to be around this amazing person FOREVER! How lucky!
This past weekend we spent time celebrating our engagement with our families. On Friday night, we had a dinner at the Whitney House in Worthington, Ohio, where we announced the news to our families. Chris planned the whole thing, so I can't take any credit. Chris' Mom, Dad, and soon-to-be-step-mother came down from Youngstown to meet my brother Brad, Chris' brother Ryan, his girlfriend Morgan, my parents, Chris and I. I think everyone was super surprised, although my Dad, Chris' Dad, and apparently my brother Brad knew before everyone got there. I guess the restaurant also let it slip to my Mom that it was an "engagement party" before we got there, so she might have assumed what was about to happen. But overall, I think everyone was excited and it was a great opportunity to share a meal with both my current and soon-to-be immediate family members.

On Saturday, we woke up and went to brunch with Ryan, Morgan, and Chris' mom. We walked around the city a bit, taking pictures and enjoying the sunshine. Then my parents, Chris' mom, Chris and I headed down to Washington Court House to tell my Grandma Milstead that we were engaged. Apparently, "she knew it" as well. She said she just had a feeling it was going to happen.

Later Saturday night we all went to the Moonlight Market on Gay Street, and walked around the vendors. Then we went to El Camino, where Chris and I took the perfect taco/beer pictures that we would use that night to announce our engagement. I think I made my Dad take about fifty, and we ended up posting two--yes, we are millennials.


Then, this morning (Sunday) we woke up and headed to my parents house in Powell, where the kids made breakfast for the Moms. We spent the afternoon talking about our Moms and enjoying each other's company. It was a nice day together, and a great weekend overall.

Chris and I have no idea what our "date" is, but we do know that we are heading into our last year of law school and will begin studying (seriously) for the bar in exactly one year. So, we're about to be VERY busy--but for good reasons!


Comments